About the programme
Study area: Informatics Sciences
Study field: Information Systems
Qualification awarded: Master of Information Systems
Duration: 1.5 years
for EU students: 3300* EUR/per year (*to be confirmed)
for Non-EU students 3600 EUR/per year
The main distinctive feature of the programme is the combination of different sciences: economics, finance and information technologies.
The aim of the study programme Financial Technology (FinTech) is to prepare senior and chief specialists in the industry of modern financial technologies who are able to apply the knowledge of financial instruments, advanced information and communication technologies as well as modern research achievements by realizing the theoretical and practical activity models in both classical and innovative, centralized and decentralized e-markets, banking, investment insurance sectors and organizations operating in state and private sectors.
Having successfully completed the study programme Financial Technology (FinTech) the graduate will be able to:
- plan and organize both his individual and other employees’ work, carry out managerial tasks taking into consideration the existing resources (time, human resources, infrastructure etc.); solve various tasks and problems arising during activities;
- think creatively and critically; flexibly and creatively evaluate the phenomena of financial engineering and disrupting financial technologies; determine the risks arising from the innovative business and finance processes;
- apply the knowledge of finance technology in both professional and research activities as well as create the systems based on cryptographic currency and smart contracts functioning in finance markets, accounting, solutions of the Internet of Things and social networks, mobile banking and investing services;
Distinctive features of a study programme:
- Interdisciplinarity: Financial Technologies Master’s study programme combines the subjects in the field of information systems and finance.
- Qualified financial professionals filling out a new niche in the development of FinTech and Blockchain technology solutions for business and labour market, resulting from a combination of the classical area of financial engineering and innovative area of financial technology.
- FinTech programme follows the best practices of initiatives of such leading universities as Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Stanford University; Princeton University, etc.
- Lecturers of the study programme are long-term academic and business practitioners working in the field of innovative solutions, implementation and administration of financial technology development for 5–10 years.
Head of the Study Programme