7-9 May 2020, Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University, Lithuania
We are pleased to invite you to the 8th International Conference on Dialect translation in multimedia (MultiMeDialecTranslation 8) which will be held on 7-9 May 2020 at the Institute of Language, Literature and Translation Studies, Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University.
MultiMeDialecTranslation 8 is an interdisciplinary conference, operating at the interface of linguistics, media, communication, and translation studies. It is aimed at colleagues from both academic research and teaching as well as practitioners of translation. Founded in 2002 as a conference for investigating the interlingual translation of dialects in “multimedia” with film subtitling as a typical example, the conference has expanded its range of topics to other polysemiotic configurations (e.g. theatre, opera, comic) as well as to other non-standard varieties and to intralingual translation.
This year, we will also discuss the rendering of language varieties with regard to media accessibility, i.e. audio description and subtitles for deaf and hard of hearing as well as to video game localization.
Relevant topic areas of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- audio-visual translation of language varieties (dubbing, subtitling, voice-over),
- dialect translation of language varieties in the context of minority languages and regional languages,
- translation of language varieties on stage (theatre, opera, songs, comedy shows, stand-up comedy),
- translation of language varieties in comics and graphic novels,
- translation of language varieties in audio description and subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing,
- rendering of language varieties in video game localization,
- translation of culture specific items in audiovisual production,
- features of amateur translation of audiovisual content,
- translation of language varieties and diglossia,
- polysemiotic translation of language varieties and foreign language teaching.